Hello friends! We have wonderful news! Last week, Japan announced that they are relaxing border restrictions for international students, business travelers, and long-term workers. That’s us! If the new paperwork and visa process progresses quickly, we hope to leave in 2 to 3 months. Our team leaders in Japan are working on the new paperwork already.
Jonathan will be having a second knee surgery on November 29th. He still has a tear in his meniscus that did not heal from his surgery last January (or else it’s a new tear in the same place). This time, the surgeon will just remove the torn portion instead of attempting the more difficult repair. Please pray for a quick and difficulty-free recovery, and especially for no blood clots.
Please feel free to contact us any time with questions, or just to chat. Also, we’d love to pray for you—let us know how we can.
Thank you for your continued support, encouragement and prayers.
May the Lord bless you and keep you and may His face shine upon you. Grace and Peace.
— Jonathan and Lauren
Here’s what we have coming up. Hopefully we’ll have more specific dates soon.
- November 29 — Jonathan knee surgery
- December/January — applying for visas
- December/January — selling house
- November – February — packing and preparing to move
- January/February — leaving for Japan! 🛫🇯🇵
- Japan is opening!
- For faithful ministry partners.
- Continued improvements with Z’s sleeping and eating.
- That our 3 older kids have been able to participate in fun activities throughout this last spring, summer, and fall.
- For a week away with Jonathan’s parents and quality family time.
- That Jonathan’s knee injury was discovered before we leave.
We are so grateful for those that are praying for us. We would also like to pray for you! Please email us if there is something you’d like us to pray for — email@example.com. If you would pray with us:
- Please pray for Jonathan’s knee surgery.
- Please pray for extra wisdom, energy, and patience as Jonathan continues to work, Lauren homeschools, and we prep to leave.
- For God to prepare one great friend in Japan for each of our kids!
- For our family as a whole, that together we would keep our eyes fixed on the One who knows all the answers, and leave the details to Him.